Midsize organizations tend to have lower storage requirements than large enterprises, and are concerned about storage costs, ease of management and data migration. That doesn’t mean they’re willing to sacrifice performance, scalability and business continuity, which traditionally has required tradeoffs when considering midrange storage platforms.
Now Dell EMC is expanding its industry-leading midrange storage portfolio with two new SC All-Flash data storage arrays, along with key software updates to Dell EMC Unity. Additionally, Dell EMC is introducing its Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program, offering the industry’s strongest satisfaction guarantee and other customer benefits.
Optimized for All-Flash, the new Dell EMC SC All-Flash storage arrays offer premium performance and enterprise-ready features. They are designed to help customers modernize their data centers to gain more speed, efficiency and cost savings from existing applications.
The Dell EMC SC5020F and Dell EMC SC7020F are offered as 3U appliances featuring dual active/active controllers with eight-core Intel Xeon processors, up to 256GB of memory, and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB Fibre Channel network connections. The products deliver up to 399,000 IOPS per array and 3.9 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster.
Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning optimize capacity and costs. The arrays also include an auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity, and ship ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing.
Designed for unified SAN / NAS environments, Dell EMC Unity helps organizations speed deployment, streamline management and seamlessly tier storage to the cloud. The new Unity v4.3 OS provides enhanced all-flash efficiency with the addition of inline deduplication, and maximizes uptime through data-in-place storage controller upgrades. Synchronous file replication helps ensure business continuity with zero data loss.
The new Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program provides robust guarantees, money-saving benefits and investment protection for Dell EMC Unity and SC Series purchases. Customers who buy new Dell EMC Unity or SC Series products and have a valid maintenance contract are eligible for the program at no additional cost.
The Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program includes:
- Three-Year Satisfaction Guarantee. Dell EMC products will perform as advertised, guaranteed.
- 4:1 All-Flash Storage Efficiency Guarantee. Customers are assured of storage efficiency without complex pre-assessments and restrictions.
- Never-Worry Data Migrations. Customers can seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
- Hardware Investment Protection. Customers get flexible credit toward storage controller upgrades or trade-in credit toward the purchase of any new product across the Dell EMC portfolio.
- All-Inclusive Software. Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data, with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
- Built-In Virtustream Storage Cloud (for Dell EMC Unity only). Customers can automatically tier files and storage snapshots to the cloud with no capacity costs for one year, up to the program allotment.
ProSys is a Dell EMC Titanium Partner and participates in Dell EMC’s sales, operations and technical advisory boards. Let us help you take advantage of Dell EMC’s midrange all-flash arrays to support your flash-enabled use cases and workloads.
by Michael Renner, ProSys Partner Alliance Manager